|Thu Jul 5 2018||Feature freeze|
|Thu Jul 19 2018||Hard code freeze|
|Thu Aug 2 2018||SDK5.0 release|
|Thu Aug 30 2018||SDK5.1 hard code freeze|
|Thu Sep 13 2018||SDK5.1 bugfix release|
|Thu Oct 4 2018||SDK5.2 hard code freeze|
|Thu Oct 11 2018||SDK5.2 bugfix release|
|Thu Dec 31 2018||SDK5.3 bugfix release|
|Fri Apr 5 2019||SDK5.4 bugfix release|
|Thu Jul 18 2019||SDK5.5 bugfix release|
|Thu Nov 21 2019||SDK5.6 bugfix release|
New PDF viewer
An all-new PDF viewer is now in place, which significantly improves the reading experience with navigation, save, print and zoom options.
New search popup
The in-app search popup has been completely redesigned with improved visuals.
App developers are no longer limited to the SDK modules. Now, developers can write and include their own custom modules in their apps.
- Runtime: Unknown licenses will be displayed properly.
- Runtime: Data model now supports
- Runtime: VERSION file is no longer needed.
- Modular Framework: Videos from Course apps can now be opened from global search.
- Modular Framework: Copy option is now available for article images.
- Modular Framework: Minor fixes to existing presets.
- Renderer: Several improvements for showing articles in small screens.
Several fixes to the walkthrough for the app making process.
Migration from SDK4
No changes are required for apps using the modular framework.
SDK 5.6 (November 21, 2019)
- Modular Framework: Add support for opening audio files in a MediaLightbox.
- Modular Framework: Allow MediaLightbox to show content that is not a child (“resource”) of another model.
- Modular Framework: Tweak search behaviour to improve matching with partial words.
SDK 5.5 (July 18, 2019)
- Modular Framework: Disable copy and print actions based on document model metadata.
- Modular Framework: Add a native Quit action to EosApplication.
- Runtime: Fix crash with fullscreen video playback for ARM architecture.
SDK 5.4 (April 5, 2019)
- Modular Framework: Support Scroll Manager for non-legacy articles.
- Runtime: Fixed video playback for ARM machines.
SDK 5.3 (December 31, 2018)
- Modular Framework: Support multiple include paths in autobahn.
- Runtime: Patch GStreamer to prevent a white glitch when a video is displayed.
SDK 5.2 (October 11, 2018)
- Modular Framework: Improvement in design by fixing the logo height to the title height.
- Modular Framework: Allow to change the color of the logo.
- Modular Framework: Add promisify functions from upstream GJS.
- Modular Framework: Add functionality to autorestart the applications via D-Bus.
SDK 5.1 (September 13, 2018)
- Runtime: Update existing translations
- Runtime: Fixed GPU acceleration for HTML content rendering for ARM architecture.
- Modular Framework: Add translations for preset files.
- Modular Framework: Cache compilation of scss files for applications.
- Modular Framework: Allow to use extra gresources into an application.
SDK 5.0 (August 2, 2018)
This is the first release in the SDK5 series.