Here are the types of UI modules and how they fit together.
Arrangement - These modules generally have a
cardslot which a Card can go into. They arrange a set of dynamically created cards on the screen.
- Banner - These modules represent a piece of data which is presented to the user, such as an app's logo or a search term.
- Card - These modules represent a document in the database of offline content, but are not a full View of the document. They display its metadata (title, keywords) in various ways.
ContentGroup - This is the heart of displaying offline content.
Content groups have
arrangementslots. They make sure the Arrangement receives (and creates Cards for) the records that the Selection wants to display.
- Controller - These modules define different types of app experiences. They are in charge of what happens when you click somewhere.
- Decoration - These modules are UI elements which are used for display only.
- Filter - These modules can be added to a Selection to display only some of its records.
- Layout - These modules contain submodules and arrange them on on page of the app.
- Navigation - These modules are UI elements which are used for navigation through an app.
- Order - These modules can be added to a Selection to change the sorting order in which its records are displayed.
- Pager - Modules can also act as pages of an app, like pages in a website. Pager modules contain submodules and display them one at a time, with optional animations between them.
- Selection - These modules retrieve content records from the offline content database. A Selection serves records through a ContentGroup to an Arrangement, which turns the records into Cards.
- View - These modules display the actual content.
- Window - These modules are the toplevel windows which contain other modules.
Here's a diagram of what contains what:
Controller Window Pager Layout Banner Decoration Navigation (more) Layout View ContentGroup Arrangement Card Selection Order Filter
Top-level windows which contain other modules
The results of the search are